Cyprus by month: weather, climate, temperature of air and water, the season of rest
The island of Cyprus – a Paradise on Earth, one of the best places to stay. It is located in the Mediterranean sea and is very popular among tourists.
Cyprus is clean air, crystal water, soft sand and beautiful scenery. It is here a very high life expectancy of indigenous people, they rarely get sick, because they have a strong immune system.
According to Greek mythology, it was on this island was born the goddess of love and beauty, Aphrodite. Cyprus is quite small but here you can find a huge number of works of architecture of different eras, and the locals are the most hospitable and accommodating people in the world.
The climate in the Northern and other regions
The climate in Cyprus is subtropical Mediterranean, is one of the most favorable.
Summer observed a long, hot, mostly without precipitation, the temperature rises to +40°C, the rains are observed, winter is warm, rainy, snow falls in the Troodos mountains, the temperature does not fall below +10°C.
In Cyprus in the year can be 340 days of sunshine. July and August are the hottest, in these two months, tourists visit the most. January and February – the coldest. Spring comes in February, but until may the weather is unstable and changeable.
When the season starts?
Cyprus is good because you can come to rest at any time of the year. Here it is never too cold, even in winter. The beach season opens in may and lasts until the end of September. The sea can be slightly chilly, but you can already swim.
The height of the swimming season starts in June and ends in the second half of September. With the arrival of the peak season you can swim even in October.
Finally the beach season ends in the last month of autumn. The peak of the summer heat falls on July and August, these two months Cyprus just "breaking" from the influx of tourists. If you just want to breathe the fresh sea air, admire the beauty of the island to relax and have fun, then you can safely come in any month of the year, even in winter.
Holiday at any time of the year
Do you know how many hours to fly to Cyprus? Distance, travel time and much much more - here.
Winter in Cyprus is mild and no frosts. The day temperature is not below +15°C, at night +6°C, can drop to zero, but below practically do not exist. There may be rain, snow mainly in the mountains. In the sea to swim able, the water temperature a little more than 10°C. you Need to bring warm clothing and an umbrella.
- December: day temperature is +18°C, +9°C, water temperature – +19°C, wind speed of 3.8 m/s, the number of rainy days – 8;
- January: day temperature is +16°C, +8°C, water temperature – 17°C, wind speed 4.5 m/s, the number of rainy days – 9;
- February: day temperature is +17°C, +8°C, water temperature – +17°C, wind speed – 4.4 m/s, the number of rainy days – 7.
In January, the height of the ski resort. In the Troodos mountains the snow falls, the temperature drops below zero Celsius, you can go there and go skiing and snowboarding.
This is the perfect time to explore the local culture, see the sights. Just walk along the beach, breathing in the clean sea air. Look into local restaurants and bars, mingle with the indigenous inhabitants of the island, go shopping, after all, the winter here large discounts.
Spring on the island starts early in February. In March is already warm, although the weather is changeable, but the temperature around +20°C. In sea swim is still impossible, but you can admire the blooming of nature. You can take warm clothes, even in summer and don't forget to grab an umbrella.
- March: day temperature is +18°C, +9°C, the water temperature is +18°C, wind speed is 4.1 m/s, the number of rainy days – 5;
- April: day temperature is +22°C, +12°C, water temperature – +20 °C, wind speed of 3.7 m/s, the number of rainy days – 3;
- may: day temperature is +26 °C, +16°C, the water temperature is +21°C, wind speed – 3.7m/s, the number of rainy days – 3.
Spring – the best time for family holidays, warm weather, large variety of excursions. In may starts the beach season.
For lovers of cool weather it is best to go to Cyprus in the spring. In April and March is still cool to swim in the sea, but a good alternative is pool. It is already possible to sunbathe on the beach and enjoy the sound of the sea.
It's fun! Description of the best tourist areas of Cyprus - in the following article.
Cyprus is good because the heat here is very easy. It is best to go on vacation in June. The water in the sea is suitable for swimming, but tourists are still not too much. In July and August increases the number of visitors and the inhabitants of the island in August vacation. Should take light, summer clothes, protective sun cream and a hat.
- June: the day temperature – +30°C, at night +18°C, water temperature +24°C, wind speed of 3.8 m/s, the number of rainy days – 1;
- July: the day temperature – +32°C, +21°C, the water temperature is +26°C, wind speed of 3.7 m/s, the number of rainy days is 0;
- August: day temperature is +33°C at night +22°C, water temperature +27°C, wind speed is 3.6 m/s, the number of rainy days – 0.
What to do in the summer in Cyprus? Swim, sunbathe, relax! You can book excursions to the sea bottom, or to see the sights, go for a swim on the yacht or boat, to scuba dive.
Summer is the height of entertainment. In July you can visit the festival of wine "Commandaria", a variety of festivals. In August, the major wine festival in Limassol. In the evening actively discotheques, night clubs, bars.
With the beginning of the velvet season , the heat recedes and comes to a pleasant autumn warmth. In September, still hot as summer and holiday-makers as much. In October the sea is still warm, the temperature drops, at night even cool, and the number of tourists is reduced – the beach season is about to end.
Where to spend autumn holidays with a child? Great ideas for an unforgettable vacation is here.
In November you can still swim in the sea, but the water is cool. Should take light things, but not to forget about warm.
- September: day temperature is +31°C, +20°C, the water temperature is +26°C, wind speed of 3.6 m/s, the number of rainy days – 1;
- October: day temperature is +27°C, +20, water temperature +24°C, wind speed is 2.9 m/s, the number of rainy days – 3;
- November: day temperature is +22°C, night – +13°C, water temperature – 21°C, wind speed – 3.0 m/s, the number of rainy days – 4.
The beach season lasts until October, so we could still swim in November, too, but it will be not so nice.
In autumn you can enjoy water sports, go to the mountains, with the arrival of cool Hiking, see the sights. In October to attend the festival of arts.
To choose when to have a rest on Cyprus only to you. Not to say that some months go better and some worse. In any case, you will find fun to taste and will not get bored on this island Paradise. Think you want your soul, choose a month to travel, book a room in hotel and go for the impressions!
Interesting facts about Cyprus - in the following video: