Recreation, weather and temperature in Malta in December
Malta - state consisting of three Islands in the Mediterranean sea: Malta, Gozo and Comino. The capital city Valletta. There are still a few small Islands, but they are uninhabited.
What to do if You are planning to visit Malta, a holiday fell on December? What is the weather in Malta in December?
What is the weather and temperature in Malta in December?
The temperature in Malta during the day - +17°C, night descends to +12°C. the Length of daylight is 5 hours, the third month rainfall, monthly rainfall - 107,7 mm. water Temperature is +17°C.
The most popular resorts of Malta: Rabat, St Julians, Mellieha, Sliema, Marsaxlokk, Qawra, Bugibba, St Paul's Bay.
At this time is dominated by gusty winds, causing waves and storms on the Mediterranean sea. 5 days in a month are thunderstorms, a couple of times fog. Day humidity is 73%, to 83%. Speed wind 4.9 m/s. atmospheric pressure is 755 mm Hg on average. article
- The temperature of the air and water in the capital Valletta a day is +16°C at night +11°C, rainfall of 112 mm.
- Rabat, the greenest of the cities of Malta, a little warmer than the capital. Day the thermometer rises to +18°C at night drops to +9°C, water +17°C, precipitation of 86 mm.
- Sliema and Marsaxlokk have the same temperature – at +15°C, night, 2 degrees below.
What awaits tourists in Malta in the New year? Read herewhat the weather in the country in January.
Due to the small size of the island, the weather in major resorts not much different.
The weather forecast is enough to understand that holiday in Malta in winter will be quite comfortable for those who wish to avoid the Russian cold.
Should I go?
If you are considering a beach vacation, it is better to choose a different direction. Changeable weather is a minus Dec. But if your goal is to learn more about this place, the choice is obvious. At the December holiday has its pluses:
- the prices for rooms in hotels and tickets for the plane in December minimum;
- cool weather is great for sightseeing;
- December is the greenest month of the year.
You will be able to admire the blooming daisies and taste an orange plucked from the branch.
What clothes to take with me?
For a leisurely stroll along the streets of the Maltese put it in the suitcase autumn things — not very warm jackets, sweaters, closed-toe shoes. The presence of the rain cover pocket can be extremely helpful.
What to do?
Approaching Christmas, and throughout the Malta fairs, markets, stores start Christmas sales.
In Malta there is a choice of sandy, pebble and rocky beaches. The color of the sand can be pink, white and red. Of course, take a dip at this time does not work, but to go out and get a dose of sea air.
The best sandy beach is Golden Bay, located in the North-Western part of the island and the beach with the largest length - Mellieha.
The last month of winter is also quite warm, so the trip should pan out. Read our article about the weather in Malta in February.
What to see?
In the North-East of the archipelago is the resort of Bugibba. It brings together the city's budget price categories: Bugibba, Qawra and St Paul's Bay. They are located quite far from the capital and from the main attractions. But here is something to see:
- Bugibba water Park covering an area of 800 square meters;
- The classic car Museum Aura. In addition to cars, the Museum has a collection of bicycles, gramophones and clothing of those times;
- Built in the XVII century Watchtower ' TA fra Ben;
- PalacePeskatore. The second half of the XIX century;
- Bird sanctuary Simar, is located in Shamsie;
- The main square of Bugibbapromenade of red brick, stretching along the coast;
- The parish Church of SV. Francis of Assisi, located in the Aura;
- Huge national aquarium, built in the form of a starfish, in the Aura.
The climate of Malta allows you to get acquainted with the country. In December you can also visit the sights of the capital:
- In the Cathedral of St. John you can admire the Michelangelo's masterpiece of Caravaggio "the beheading of John the Baptist";
- The residence of the President and the Parliamentlocated in the Palace of the Grand master, 1574 at the Palace square;
- The Fountain Of Triton;
- The lower and upper barrakka gardens, the guns of the Upper garden, greeting important guests with fireworks and volleys. Established in the XVI century;
- The bronze monument of the great siege of Malta;
- National Museum of archaeology. This building was erected for the young knights, who did not have a roof over your head.
Will be interesting and natural sites of Malta: Blue grotto - underwater caves that flashed in the movie "Troy"; the natural Park of "Mediterraneo" in the city of Sliema; the Botanical garden of St. Anthony, where I like to walk the Maltese.
Holidays and festivals
- December 8 is celebrated the Day of the Immaculate Conception of the virgin Mary, Bormla.
- December 10-12, the Exhibition "Cultural traditions" in Randy.
- December 13 - Republic Day.
- 24 December in churches held midnight mass.
- 25 Dec - Christmas.
- On December 26 in Fort St. Elmo costumed military parade since the knights of St. John.
See the sights of Malta and weather conditions Dec in this video: