Where to go in Turkey?
Turkey is a wonderful country. Turkish resorts are focused on a variety of tourists – young people, families with children, lovers of active holidays. Here you will find a lot of interesting lovers of the Eastern culture and history. So the answer to the question of where to go in Turkey, depends on what rest You prefer.
The price issue
The most expensive and luxury holiday offer Belek, Marmaris, Fethiye, Bodrum. More affordable prices in side Antalya. Budget but comfortable stay in Kemer and Alanya..
Beaches in Turkey
The main areas for beach holidays in Turkey are situated on the shores of the Aegean (Bodrum, Fethiye, Marmaris, Kusadasi) and the Mediterranean (Antalya, Alanya, Kemer, Belek, side) of the seas. In Kemer, Antalya, pebble beaches, Marmaris, Bodrum, side – sandy and pebble, in Belek – sandy.
In Turkey, amazing nature, warm sea without jellyfish, great beaches, healthy air. Marmaris, Belek, Fethiye is surrounded by pine and eucalyptus forests where you can breathe. In Kemer pine trees descend from the mountains and run into the sea.
The choice of destinations in Turkey depending on the purpose of their visit
Where better to go to Turkey? Great family vacation with children offer hotels of Belek and side. This is the clean, sandy beaches, transfers from the airport will not take much time, restaurants offer special menus for children. In Marmaris and Alanya a lot gently sloping sandy beaches. Alanya is famous for its numerous water attractions for children.
For lovers of mountains, pine forests and wonderful nature, it is recommended to go to Kemer. There are in Turkey and Spa resorts.
Pamukkale is the most famous thermal resort and a unique natural monument included in the list of UNESCO world heritage.
Here are the reservoirs, terraces and seventeen geothermal springs (water temperature 35 – 100 °C).
Young people enjoy night life and lots of fun in Antalya, Bodrum, Marmaris. Bodrum is the largest disco in Europe "Halicarnassus". By the way, all activities here are concentrated outside of the hotels. Therefore, Marmaris and Bodrum, which is ideal for fans of quiet rest.
Active recreation can be enjoyed at any resort in Turkey. Rafting, water skiing and Biking, parasailing, Windsurfing is available almost everywhere on the coast. The Aegean sea resorts offer diving. Marmaris and Belek are popular with golfers, and tennis.
Almost every city of Turkey boasts of historical monuments. Near side are excavations of the ancient city. Bodrum (Halicarnassus) was born the ancient Greek historian Herodotus. Here lies one of the 7 wonders of the world – the tomb of Mausolus. The city preserved medieval castle crusaders castle of St. Peter. Ancient stones side keep the memory about Alexander the Great, Ptolemaean. You can make and far excursions in Pamukkale (pictured left), Troy, Ephesus. Istanbul (Constantinople) – the ancient center of world culture and religion. To even briefly explore all the monuments of Istanbul are not enough for three days: the Church of St. Sophia, the mosque of Bayezid II, Suleyman I, numerous Palace complexes.
Side is popular with couples and honeymooners. It is a very romantic city: the majestic ruins on the coast, horse riding...
But the most intriguing Turkish resort of Bodrum. It is a favorite place to stay Turkish and even European Bohemia. Gourmet restaurants and street bars, luxury yachts, luxury hotels, Nightclubs and one of the 7 wonders of the world – Mausoleum at Halicarnassus.
There are in Turkey and good ski resorts. Of them the most famous – Palandoken and Uludag, elevation: 1765m – 2543m. Slopes of these resorts are suitable for skiers of any level. Well-developed infrastructure. The cost of the lifts included in the rate.
And, of course, in Turkey "has everything". Shopping offer Antalya, Alanya, Belek, Istanbul. Shops are everywhere in Turkey, working around the clock, you can buy everything.
To sum up a little: where better to go?
Here is a list of resorts with indication of specific advantages. Decide for yourself, where better to go to Turkey to find what You like.
- Antalya is the most popular Turkish resort near the international airport, entertainment, shopping, water Park. In the center of the city the shore is rocky, up to 30m to the sea you have to descend the stairs. Shore is deep.
- Alanya is the hottest resort, long sandy beaches, a budget holiday.
- Belek – luxury holidays, VIP service, travel with children, diving, river rafting, Golf.
- Bodrum is the capital of the Turkish "turquoise coast", the resting place of writers, artists, musicians, hangout area, the yacht, the mausoleum of Halicarnassus, castle of St. Peter.
- Marmaris – sand beaches, youth sports, an Ottoman fortress and the Old town with the Bazaar quarter.
- Side – a romantic place, mostly club hotels, ancient temples of Apollo and Athena right on the seafront.
- Istanbul is a city at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, historical, Oriental flavor,shopping.
- Kusadasi is a resort on the Aegean coast, the national Park "Dilek", the nightlife, the fortress of the 16th century.
- Kemer – pine-eucalyptus forests, orange groves, mountains, wonderful place to improve your health, youth leisure.
- Fethiye – a luxury vacation, quiet and intimate setting, close – Lycian burial tombs, "turtle beach".
- Palandoken, Sarikamis, Uludag ski resorts.
Come to Turkey, and here everyone will find what he wants, wherever he went.