How long to fly to Maldives from Moscow, St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg?
The Maldives (officially the Islands are called the Maldives) are in the warm Indian ocean, a cluster of atolls, occupying a chain of low coral islets.
The capital city malé, located on the Islands of malé and Villingili, city area of 5.8 km2.
The capital of the Maldives – one of the smallest and simultaneously one of the most densely populated in the world.
Another island country in the Indian ocean is Sri Lanka, which is approximately 700 km away from Maldives. The area of the Islands is 298 km2 official language – Dhivehi, the monetary unit is the Maldivian rupee.
In the capital city of malé, the population knows English, speak it and in tourist areas: hotels, dive centers, etc.
A visa to visit the Maldives for tourism purposes for a period of up to 30 days do not need. In this case, the validity of the passport should be not less than six months.
Travel time and distance
How many hours and kilometers will take flight:
- from Moscow to the Maldives (malé) – 8 hours 30 minutes, during which time the aircraft will overcome the distance in 6 798 kilometers;
- from St. Petersburg (SPb) – 10 hours, the plane flies 7 433 kilometers;
- of Yekaterinburg about 11 o'clock, distance of 6 216 kilometers.
Is there a time difference?
The time difference with Moscow and Saint Petersburg is 2 hours, the residents of Yekaterinburg were more fortunate – they have a time difference with the Islands at all.
But it is worth remembering that on different Islands the time may vary from 1 to 3 plus hours to Moscow. This is due to the convenience for guests, but often creates confusion.
How to get there?
To fly to the Islands in several ways:
- Direct flight from Moscow (it's the only direct flight).
- Flights with one change:
- Moscow - Dubai – Colombo – Male;
- Saint-Petersburg – Moscow – Dubai – Male;
- Saint Petersburg – Moscow – Doha – Male;
- Ekaterinburg – Moscow - Dubai – Male;
- Yekaterinburg – Bangkok – Kuala Lumpur – Malé.
Search for cheap flights
We recommend you to use search of the most advantageous variants of flights in this direction:
The planes are what airlines fly to the Maldives?
Airlines commit flights:
- Russian companies: Aeroflot, Transaero, Russia;
- foreign airlines: Emirates Airlines, Australian Airlines, Qatar Airways, China Eastern, S7 Airlines, Bangkok Airways, VIMAirlines, MalaysiaAirlines.
Maldives - a Paradise for honeymooners, divers, snorkeling enthusiasts, and all lovers of a quiet beach holiday.
The climate is mild, Equatorial, with monsoon winds. This means that from November to March in the Maldives, not a drop of rain falls from June to August, on the contrary, the rains.
How much to holiday in the Maldives and what you can save? answers to questions look in this article.
Mild temperatures (even in winter the temperature never drops below 17 degrees) from +24 to +30 degrees will ensure a comfortable stay in the Islands.
On the Islands there are no dangerous animals or poisonous reptiles, no dogs – they are not allowed to contain in the Maldives, holidaymakers will not be able to take with me on holiday favorites.
The rich fauna will delight the divers. Maldivian waters are home to several ecosystems, but are most known for their variety of colourful coral reefs, home to 1100 species of fish, 5 species of sea turtles, 21 species of whales and dolphins, 187 species of corals, 400 species of molluscs, and 83 species of echinoderms.
Will surprise many species of crustaceans, and over 145 species of crabs and 48 species of shrimp.
The Maldives look from the inside the island of Robinson Club Maldives