Dominican Republic: the names of international airports of the Republic - Punta Cana
Among the airports of the Dominican Republic has both domestic and international. Before your trip, familiarize yourself with the location of the terminals, their features, services and directions.
Airports of the Dominican Republic on the map
In the Dominican Republic airports a lot, they are in different places of the island.
You should examine their position more closely, to understand what air port is closer to the destination.
to content ↑
How many international airports in the country?
International airports in this country eight:
- Maria Montez, Barahona;
- Gregorio Luperon, Puerto Plata;
- International airport La Romana, La Romana;
- El catey, Samana;
- International airport Punta Cana, Punta Cana;
- La Isabela, Santo Domingo;
- Cibao, Santiago;
- Las Americas, Santo Domingo.
Most airports are located near the coast, near the popular resorts.
Read our article, what is the weather in the Dominican Republic is waiting for the tourists throughout the year.
Domestic air gateway
Domestic airports include:
- Arroyo Barril, Santa Barbara de Samana;
- Dajabón, Dajabón;
- Constance, Constance;
- El Portillo, Las Terrenas;
- Osvaldo Virgil, San Fernando de Monte Cristi;
- Cabo Rojo, Pedernales;
- Cueva Las Maravillas, San Pedro de Macoris.
Coming foreign tourists - photo
Before the trip, you should familiarize yourself with the most famous international airports with flights that infrastructure.
The airport is called "Punta Cana" is the largest busiest airport. The exterior of the building - a sample of the Caribbean style: the roof is covered with palm leaves, around a lot of greenery.
This is the only airport of the state, which cooperates with Russian carriers.
From Russia to the island planes fly only from Moscow and St. Petersburg. Operate flights to the following airlines:
- Air France.
Russian tourists, of course, interested in what airport of Moscow, is a flight to the Dominican Republic. In the capital of Russia two airports operate flights to Moscow: Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo.
To determine time in transit during a flight to the Dominican Republic, you have to consider many factors. Read about it here.
The airport consists of five terminals. Russian tourists arrive at the terminal. The schedule of flights can be seen on the scoreboard at the airport, you can also use the Internet services of - online-arrivals to the Dominican Republic.
Punta Cana include restaurants, cafes, shops, eateries, Internet. The room is spacious and the chairs are incredibly comfortable. There is enough space for every traveler. Also includes comfortable rooms for rest.
Airport, remote from the capital, Santo Domingo, 23 km away, called Las Americas. Russian tourists and residents abroad, the airport does not arrive, as with the airlines of Russia and CIS countries, this airport is not cooperating. The main directions airport: USA, European countries. This airport is smaller than Punta Cana. However, despite this infrastructure developed. Represented at the airport:
- Room guests and mother and child;
- Tour Desk;
- Information center.
Able to take almost 600 passengers per hour. Was built for aircraft maintenance heavy. The passenger terminal occupies two floors.
Cooperates airportmainly with American, European, or local carriers.
The aircraft here are not only passenger but also cargo. The airport is small, but comfortable. For the tourists are:
- Shops, shops with Souvenirs;
- Information center;
- Currency exchange;
- Transfer to the hotel;
- Car hire.
The airport is located in the North of the country, was built in the late 1970's. Used not only for civil aviation but for military. Can accept large aircraft. There are a lot of planes from Europe and neighboring countries. Airport infrastructure:
- Work areas;
- Showers and dressing rooms;
Airports are very strict on baggage regulations. Read here, what are the dimensions and weight allowed.
Before traveling, it is recommended to get acquainted with advice from experienced travelers:
- The flights to this country from Russia takes about 12 hours, so you must have strength, the patience during the trip;
- Crooks can be everywhere, even at the airport. It is connected with the fact that the country is quite poor;
- The Internet works at the airport is excellent, but in special areas it can work even faster. For example, in VIP-halls;
- If the tourist waits for his flight in the VIP room, inspection of baggage will occur on the spot. Airport officials will come, tourists will not have to stand in queues.
- Fruitspurchased in the café of the airport, it is recommended to again wash. It happens that fruits, berries washed is not the best way;
- The currency exchange is not available in all airports, so it is better to exchange currency in banks. They are in the big cities, well-known resorts on the island. The exchange rate is not always best;
- If you want to relax before the flight, it is recommended to stay at the VIP-hall. Its cost is acceptable;
- Upon arrival you find yourself in a zone of customs and passport control. On special stands in the center of the room you need to pay fees in the amount of $ 10 and
to fill out a tourist card, after this procedure, you will be able to get the Luggage.
VIP is located in the halls of televisions, comfortable chairs and sofas, and almost always quiet.
Thus, in the Dominican Republic a lot of airports, but only one of them cooperates with the Russian carriers, so better to buy tickets in advance.
Watch a video about the airport of the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana: