The flight from Moscow to Cambodia: Sihanoukville international airport on the map
If you dream about exotic holidays, is the time to abandon the banal tourist routes to explore in the mysterious Cambodia with many ancient attractions. Getting there is very convenient for the plane: despite the relative poverty of the country, the infrastructure of the airports in Cambodia is very well developed.
Airports Cambodia on the map
Before ordering of tickets to Cambodia should know in advance which airport of the country you come from and where he is. This will help to plan the route of a tourist trip.
As from Moscow to Cambodia can be reached only with transfers, read herehow to fly to Vietnam.
to content ↑
To date, the international status of the country are three airports, although Sihanoukville takes only a few international flights and is on the infrastructure closer to the inner.
- Phnom Penh international airport (IATA code PNH) is the largest Cambodian airport commercial orientation, located 7 km in the Western direction from the capital of Phnom Penh.
- Airport Siem Reap (Siem reap) (IATA code REP). From Siem reap town it is separated by 8 km. the Feature of the airport is that it serves mostly tourists who want to see the main attraction of Cambodia, the ruins of the ancient city of Angkor located nearby.
- Sihanoukville airport (IATA code KOS). It is 18 km from Sihanoukville, also has another name – Kangkang.
Because Cambodia is among the poorer and small countries, here are a few domestic airports of destination. These include:
- Ratanakiri (IATA code RBE). It is located in Ratanakiri province near the town of Banlung. Because of what happened in 2005, the tragic incident with the crash of the plane from Phnom Penh commercial flights canceled at the airport: it is only used for private and Charter flights;
- Battambang (IATA code BBM), located 3 km from the centre of Battambang;
- Kampong Chang (IATA code KZC), which serves the same city in Cambodia;
- Stung Treng (IATA code TNX), located 4 km from the city;
- Of langmantel (code IATA – OMY), which is 6 km from the city;
- Kratie (IATA code KTI) serves the city;
- Krakor (IATA code KZD) is located in the town of Krakor;
- Koh Kong (IATA code KKZ) – located 1 km from Koh Kong city;
- Kismayo (IATA code KMT) serves the eponymous town.
From Nha Trang to Cambodia you can also arrive with a guided tour. Read our article, what excursions to visit in Vietnam.
The air gate to other countries
Direct flights from Moscow to Cambodia do not exist, but you can purchase tickets for flights of Aeroflot to Bangkok or Ho Chi Minh cityand then make a connecting flight of Thai Airways International and Vietnam Airlines to Phnom Penh or Siem Reap.
It receives many flights from different countries of the world such airlineslike AirAsia, Vietnam Airlines, All Nippon Airways, Thai Airways International, Thai AirAsia, Air Azur, Asiana Airlines, SilkAir, Qatar Airways, Korean Air, Malaysia Airlines, China Airlines, Dragonair and other Asian airlines.
Buy a plane ticket right here, using this search form. Enter the departure city and arrival city, date and number of passengers.
To get from the airport to the city is very easy: right in the waiting room hangs a map of the zones of Phnom Penh, which can be reached by taxi. Depending on the remoteness of the place of arrival the taxi driver will take you from 9 to 15 dollars. Also a popular service of the order of three-wheeled rickshaws (will cost travelers from $ 7).
If you decide to dotransplant in Bangkok, read in this articlehow to fly to Thailand.
The infrastructure of the airport is very well developed. Here travelers can expect:
- Lounge area;
- The Luggage room.
Throughout the airport there is free Wi-Fi. The building of air travel very light and airy with 20 check-in desks, there are several cafes and duty free shops where you can eat or buy Souvenirs.
The airport is slightly less Metropolitan, but also has a bustling air traffic with Asian countries. There are regular flights land airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Air Asia, Korean Airlines, Cebu Pacific, Cambodia Angkor Air, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Jetstar Asia, Condor Flugdienst, SilkAir, Myanmar Airways International and others.
The airport building is decorated in a Khmer style,with statues of soldiers and elephants and other national symbols.
Tourists can go shopping in duty-free stores, a storage room for Luggage.
Taxi drivers waiting for their customers right in the arrivals halland the fare to the city centre starts from $ 6. As much about cost and travel by taxi to Angkor Wat. Hire a tuk-tuk will be slightly cheaper you will spend no more than 2-3 dollars.
This is the smallest international airport of Cambodia, which is this status solely because of a couple of flights of Vietnam Airlines that land here. Basically it is used for internal flights to Phnom Penh and Siem reap: land here planes of the local airlines Cambodia Bayon Airlines, Apsara International Airlines and Cambodia Angkor Air.
The infrastructure is developed poorly, however, a couple of cafes and duty free shops. The town is easily reached on the Shuttle for $ 6.
Useful tips for travelers
If you first fly to Cambodia, you'll appreciate the following recommendations:
- You can obtain a visa upon arrival at the airports in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh;
- Luggage at airports do not leave unattended: thieves are missing;
- Don't joke during a Luggage check about bombs and explosives: you may misunderstand – the terrorist threat in Cambodia is very real;
- Don't pack sharp things types of knives or scissors in your hand Luggage;
- The sum over 10 thousand dollars in foreign currency subject to Declaration, import and export of local currency is prohibited;
- Weapons, ammunition and drugs are not allowed to import as to export Antiques: for that, you can end up in prison.
For this you need to show your passport, recent photo size 2x2 inches and pay a fee. For children under 12 years free visa.
Watch video about Siem Reap international airport: