Attractions parts of the world: the Middle ,Southeast and South Asia
Asia is the largest part of the world the many attractions of different eras and nationalities. This mysterious part of the world never ceases to amaze tourists and inhabitants of the diversity and heterogeneity of cultural and historical monuments.
Sights West and South-West Asia
The countries of Western and South-Western Asia considerably differ from each other cultures, religions and mentality.
This diversity of views is reflected in both the natural and man-made monuments.
to content ↑
Planet Asia is generously endowed with beautiful natural objects, especially mountainous attractions.
The Caucasian mountains. In the North of Western Asia is located the Caucasus mountains are and the peak of Kazbek, and karst caves with traces of dinosaurs, and lake Sevan, famous for its healing properties.
Incredibly beautiful Caucasian ridge in winter. See also our article, where else but the mountains you can go in winter.
The highest peak of Russia, mount Elbrus, hides in its bosom hot springs, rich in mineral salts and carbon dioxide. Also interesting to see the Tobot waterfall, located in the Republic of Dagestan and the Failure of the lake with blue waters in Pyatigorsk.
- Mount Ararat. In Turkey is the national symbol of the Armenian people mount Ararat. Armenians call the mountain Masis - in honor of the legendary king Amaziah. It is believed that Ararat stopped the biblical Noah's ark.
- The Island Of Kekova. The so-called "pearl of the Mediterranean" the island of Kekova is located in Turkey. The area of the island is relatively small - just 4.5 sq km, but its history begins long before our era.
- The Bosphorus. The famous Bosphorus is actually separates Europe and Asia and connects the Black and Marmara sea. The width is in the North about 3.5 km, and the length of the Strait is 30 km away.
The dead sea. The sea is a unique natural object - the water salinity is so high that hold the body on the surface without all sorts of devices. The dirt from the bottom of the sea has healing properties and is used to maintain the beauty and health of the human body.
According to its characteristics, the Dead sea is considered a lake, as it has no outlet to the ocean, but because of the large size it is called a sea. Geographically, the lake is divided between Israel and Jordan.
The red desert. The so-called Red or lunar desert in Jordan, and the name terrain was not accidental - the Sands have a noticeable crimson, and sometimes scarlet hue.
The present name of the desert - Wadi Rum, which in Arabic translates as "high," "exalted".
Because of the peculiar color of the sand in the desert, the shooting took place many sci-Fi movies such as "the Martian", "the Last days on Mars", "transformers" and others.
- The Island Of Socotra. The name of this small island in the Indian ocean translates as "ocean of bliss". Here grow wonderful shrubs cut appearance resembling huge mushrooms. Kat has narcotic properties, however, locals consider it a property - a way to connect with the higher powers.
Off the coast of the island of Kekova are the sunken ruins of ancient buildings.
Architectural monuments of Western Asia is distinguished by the originality and variety of objects.
- The cave city of Vardzia. On a cliff located this monastic complex is the main attraction throughout Georgia. One of the brightest objects of the complex is the Church of the Dormition, built by the Queen Tamar.
Bluemosque. The Sultanahmet mosque, or Blue mosque is its most important religious object of Istanbul and is considered a world example of Islamic architecture. Although it should be noted that the architecture of the mosque combines Byzantine, and Islamic features.
The building has six minarets, four on each side, and two more on the outer corners. This balance adds the mosque of external significance and grandeur, which is not surprising, because the First Sultan Ahmed mosque was built with the purpose to satisfy Allah to help win the war with Austria.
Church Of The Holy Sepulchre. This temple is the main Shrine of Christianity and a major place of pilgrimage. It is believed that the temple was erected on the place where he was crucified, buried, and then resurrected Christ. At the main altar there is a small hole through which you can touch to the infamous Golgotha.
The Church unites under its roof representatives of different confessions: Catholics, Orthodox and Armenians. Each denomination in turn holds its services even in the great Church holidays.
In addition to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem is a lot of other interesting monuments such as the mosque of Omar, the wailing Wall, Somonova ponds, the fortress of herodium.
- The Citadel Of Aleppo. A fortress located in the North of Syria in Aleppo city during the Crusades served as a stronghold for Muslims, and Christians. Place for the construction of the citadel was not chosen accidentally - it is located right on the crossroads of trade routes. Now the citadel is under UNESCO protection.
- The Abbasid Palace in Baghdad. This Palace of Arab Caliphate was built in the early 13th century and was a model of Arab Mesopotamia Middle ages. The Abbasid dynasty was famous for its wealth, prosperity and a penchant for luxury.
- Persepolis in Iran. Persepolis is an ancient Persian city, of which now only ruins are left. But even these fragments of the Achaemenid Empire is steeped in history - the remains of the Imperial Palace, the ruins of pagan temples, marble bas-reliefs and much more. The entire complex has over 1,500 years.
- Mecca in Saudi Arabia. Mecca in Saudi Arabia is the center of Islamic culture, and from year to year the number of pilgrims to the Holy places is not quenched.
To pass on the cave stairs and tunnels, tourists could use the courage and at least basic physical training.
A great time to visit the Holy Land - fall. What's the weather like in Jerusalem, for example, in November, read here.
Here is the sacred Kaaba, al-Masjid, which is not allowed unbelievers to Islam people.
In addition to historical sites in Western Asia there are more modern masterpieces of architecture:
- fountains in Batumi;
- tower DNA alphabet ibid.;
- the Israeli diamond stock exchange;
- Jumeirah mosque in Dubai;
- the bridges over the Bosphorus in Istanbul.
Central, Middle and South Asian part - photo and description
A feature of this area of Asia is its subtropical monsoon climate. The nature of Central and South Asia can be called exotic and unusual for European tourists - it combines snow-capped mountains and arid deserts.
The magnificent scenery is willing to offer you Tajikistan. Read here about the attractions of this country.
The beauty of nature
- Charyn Canyon. Along the Charyn river in Kazakhstan for 154 km stretches quaint canyon, the relief which differs in interesting shapes. The canyon is also called the Valley of castles because of the shapes of peaks resembling the battlements of the fortress.
- Mountain Khoja Mumin. In Tajikistan there is a unique salt mountain Khoja Mumin is a giant rock in the shape of a mushroom, iridescent blue and pink flowers. In the depths of the mountain walk the winds and are hanging meter salt stalactites. The local inhabitants since ancient times salt is mined from the slopes of Khoja-Mumin, and a supply of salt not think to dry out.
- Lake Issyk-Kul. It is the largest lake in Kyrgyzstan is the seventh deepest lake in the world. Also, the pond boasts the purest water. Issyk-Kul is located between the ridges of another natural pride of Kyrgyzstan - Tien Shan.
- Lake Kov-ATA. Bakharden cave in Turkmenistan lies one of the largest underground hot lakes in the world - Kov-ATA. The name of the water body is translated from the local dialect as the "father of caves".
- Bandi-Amir in Afghanistan. Bandi-Amir is a chain of 6 Alpine lakes, which are separated by a large limestone rocks. Limestone penetrates the water and gives it a deep blue hue.
- The Sundarbans. Largest mangrove forest located intwo countries - India and Bangladesh. Because of the proximity with the ocean forest periodically flooded, and then between the trees you can sail on a small boat.
- Waterfall Hogenakal. Hogenakal often called Indian "Niagara", but in a reduced form. The waterfall is not popular with tourists, and absolutely nothing - except stunner falling from the cliff the water we travel is the opportunity to swim in the waterfall. Water Hogenakal impregnated carbonate rocks and have healing properties.
In the water of the lake contains a large number of natural minerals, so swimming in the lake will have a beneficial effect on human health.
The main attractions of the great India are numerous and extremely beautiful temples. Read about them in this article.
What other natural objects to see in Central and South Asia:
- the island Hanifaru with its rich underwater world;
- the Sigiriya rock fortress in Sri Lanka;
- cave Battle-Rolls in Uzbekistan;
- forest leopards Chitwan in Nepal;
- the natural Park of Kanha , the largest and most beautiful in all Asia.
- Ruins of the Buddhist monastery in Tajikistan. On the hill of Ajina-Tepe are the ruins of a Buddhist monastery 6-8 centuries. During archeological excavations there were found a 12-meter Buddha statue, which is now kept in the national Museum of the country.
- Bibi Khanum Mosque. Samarkand is one of the famous and revered religious sites of Islam - the mosque of Bibi Khanum. The building was erected in the early 15th century - according to legend, Tamerlane personally chose the site for a new mosque.
- Mohenjo-Daro. The ruins of this ancient city belonging to the Indus civilization are in Pakistan. The very name Mohenjo-Daro is translated from the local language as "Hill of the dead" - archaeologists and historians are still struggling with the mystery of what destroyed the ancient civilization. Despite the fact that the Indus civilization existed in the period L. 2600 BC, the city is very well preserved.
- Taktsang-lhakhang. This ancient Buddhist monastery in Bhutan, located on the edge of a cliff with a height of 3120 m. the Monastery was built in the 17th century and has long been used exclusively for meditation. The very title of the monument translates as "Tiger's Lair".
- Taj Mahal. One of the most popular attractions not only in India but all over the world - the mosque-mausoleum of the Taj Mahal. This structure of white marble, surrounded by a Park and small lake. The mausoleum was built by Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, who died in childbirth.
- Golden temple of Dambulla. This famous temple is located at Sri Lanka. It is five interconnected decorated grotto, in the depths of which hides a collection of Golden figures of Buddha.
Bibi Khanum mosque is lavishly decorated with frescos and marble tiles.
The mosque is not only an architectural masterpiece but also material evidence of immortal love.
Among the modern attractions can be distinguished:
- Bollywood - analogue of West Hollywood, where are the masterpieces of Indian cinema;
- the square of peoples ' Friendship in Tashkent, dedicated to the victims of repression;
- the tower of Bayterek in Kazakhstan, the national symbol.
East and South-East
East and South-East is the largest by territory part of Asia. In this part of the world remained untouched parts of nature and monuments, the unknown traveler.
- Hustai national Park in Mongolia. The Park was created to protect the famous Przewalski's horses - here are supported in a natural habitat for horses of this type.
- Valley of the nine villages in Northern China. Reserve "Valley of nine villages" the famous multi-level waterfalls, lakes of different colors and dense forests. Here nature indeed appears in its natural form.
- The Gobi Desert. The second celebrity desert in the world stretches on the territories of China and Mongolia at 1600 km, This is the only place in the world where you can see wild camels.
- Jeju Island. In South Korea is Jeju island (Jeju island) is a dormant volcano, is surrounded by sandy beaches and tropical forests. This is the perfect location for an isolated holiday away from the hustle and bustle of the cities.
- Taal. On one of the Philippine Islands is one of the most famous active volcanoes - Taal.
- Lake Trang. Lake Trang in Vietnam is famous for the fact that the entire surface is covered with pink Lotus flowers. In the fresh water of the lake splashing fish, a variety of which will surprise even avidfisherman.
Palace Vandango, the monastery Zeggen Honhor Ling, Tower Bodhi
Lake Hovsgol and other attractions of Mongolia in the following article.
The volcano has a small area, and it is still in effect, from time to time blowing black smoke into the atmosphere of the island.
What else to see in East and South-East Asia:
- pink and white sand dunes in Vietnam;
- coast Wild willows in Taiwan;
- stone forest in China;
- bat cave in Bali;
- cave Padalin in Burma.
Buildings and structures
- The great wall of China. This is perhaps the most famous historic monument all over Asia. The length of the wall is 9,000 km away in ancient times it served as a protection against nomads. This building is like a huge stone serpent "lies" on the ridges and valleys.
- The Complex Of Borobudur. In Indonesia on the island of Java is a huge Buddhist complex, consisting of many dome-shaped stupas and statues and figures of Buddha. Borobudur is considered one of the most revered monuments of Buddhist culture.
- The Palace Of Abdul Samad. On the main square of the capital of Malaysia is the Palace of Sultan Abdul Samad, built in the late 19th century. Despite the name, this Palace is not lived none of the sultans - the building was erected in the administrative order of the city. The Palace is often called the local big Ben because of the set in the main tower structure great hours.
Every year about fifty million tourists visit the Great wall of China.
Other monuments of East and South-East Asia:
- black Crow castle in Japan;
- the monastery of the Kingdom of Buddha in South Korea;
- the temple of the Eastern mountain in Taiwan - the abode of ghosts and spirits;
- Plain of jars in Laos;
- Royal Palace in Thailand;
- red-white Jamek mosque in Malaysia.
See in this video, what are the attractions of Asia's most visited: