Map of India: South and North Goa beaches and hotels
Goa – the main resort of India, quite unlike the rest of the country. Along the beautiful sandy coastline of 110 kilometers, about 40 of the best beaches.
Goa on the world map and India
The location of the Indian state of Goa is very popular among travelers from around the world.
Being the smallest of the 28 States of the country, Goa is located in the centre of the West coast of India. In the North it is bordered with Maharashtra on the South and East by Karnataka and on the mountain plateau, and the Western part is a continuous coastline, lapped by the Arabian sea of the Indian ocean.
Goa elongated solid strip of land that separates between the mountainous part of the Western Ghats (Sahyadri) and the sea.
Its entire territory is filled with rivers and small streams that descend into the ocean. The largest rivers are the Mandovi, Sal, Baga, Chapora and zouari, 42 joined by a smaller tributary, forming a large network of inland waters of the state.
According to tradition, this state is divided into South and North Goa – two areas that are markedly different from each other conditions of stay, the quality and quantity of beaches, as well as attractions and entertainment.
Panaji (the state capital) divides Goa into two parts, giving the opportunity to choose the holiday that suits better to your preferences and the desired value.
North Goa is less populated area that has a relatively cheap holiday, noisy and not always clean beaches and very reasonable prices for stay and wide variety of places to stay, located close to the famous beaches of Vagator, Candolim and Anjuna.
South Goa is a prestigious venue, which used to vacation travelers who appreciate in the first place, cosy atmosphere, excellent service and a lot of hotels with an attractive value proposition for the travelers.
This part of the state, connects several scenic resort towns and secluded beaches, which stretch along the coast, offering vacationers a variety of infrastructure, peace and quiet.
In this clip you will see the detailed location of Goa on the world map:
The weather of Goa can be divided into two seasons: dry and rainy season. The best time to visit starts in November and ends in late may. The daytime temperature is +28-30 degrees, but the nights are sometimes cool enough. Especially beautiful is the weather resembling a real summer, is in March. At this time, the temperature becomes stable, reaching +26-30 degrees.
In Goa you can relax all year round. And to find out what the weather in Goa throughout the year, look here.
By the end of may the heat increases, and by the middle of June starts the rainy season, which lasts until September. During this period, high humidity, and ongoing rains do not normally hold the rest.
How to get out of Russia?
Goa is so popular with tourists from Russia, from all major cities to the resort depart on a Charter flight. All you need to get on the plane – to apply for a visa at the consular section or through a special website.
Especially a lot of flights will start in the winter season, when Goa is the most favorable weather.
The flight involved several carriers, but in most cases a ticket on a Charter flight you can get with the travel package.
Regular flights by Aeroflot are sent only to Mumbai and Delhi where you have the option to get to Goa on one of the trains. Many independent travelers choose this method because it gives the opportunity to experience the special flavor of India.
To the maximumcomfortable to plan the flight, read our article, how long is the flight to Goa.
Tickets on the plane can buy through this search form. Specify the city of departure and arrival, the date, the number of passengers.
Where to stay?
Due to its popularity, Goa has a wide variety of accommodation tourists. There are hotels, resorts, apartments and cottages, guesthouses and hostels, to rent rooms and villas trouble finding sleep should arise.
Hotels map of Goa are very diverse: in the Northern Goa are luxury hotels with a large enough set of services, Wellness programs and all the necessities for a comfortable stay and budget options , air-conditioned, Internet, fridge available in the southern part of the state.
The difference between the means of placement of different parts of Goa lies not only in price but also in the fact that South of the hotel closer to the beaches than the North.
The most prestigious hotels of Goa, has earned 5 stars:
- Park Hyatt Resort&Spa – a luxury hotel with all conditions for a perfect holiday (pool, Spa, fitness, a variety of kitchen);
- Alila Diwa Goa is a luxury hotel with spacious rooms, private terraces, pool and ability to get to the beach by car;
- Ramada Caravella is a nice hotel with European service, spacious rooms, green areas and direct access to the sea;
- The Leela Goa is a perfect place for a romantic getaway, whose location close to the unspoilt beach;
- Goa Mariott Resort – the hotel is a bit away from Miramar beach, but has private pool, Spa, fitness, restaurant and casino.
Overall, in all five star hotels you can enjoy spacious, luxurious rooms with exquisite decoration, large green area, plenty of restaurants with traditional and European cuisine. Each has a pool, bright and spacious rooms in cosy cottages and the opportunity to be on the cleanest beaches of Goa.
Use the search form of accommodation to find suitable accommodation. Enter the city, dates of arrival and departure and number of guests.
Many 2-3* hotels situated in North Goa, this option will cost quite inexpensive.
An important task that will allow you to choose a good option for leisure is the information on the location, reviews and also their rating.
Very attractive in terms of cost and features are considered here:
- Michele Resort is a comfortable hotel with clean rooms that have air conditioning that works and in the adjacent territory is decorated in a Portuguese style;
- Resort Coqueiral is an excellent hotel with historic ambience, well furnished rooms and stunning view from the balcony;
- Casa Severina is a small hotel with beautiful rooms, excellent restaurant and pool is constantly empty;
- Ibis Style Goa Calangute – the hotel offers comfortable rooms, delicious food and pool is great for families with children.
A large part of the hotels represent the two-storey houses, buried in greenery and located close to the beach. Guests are not only rooms, but also private pool, bathtub, shower and various equipment. Therefore, the low-star hotels has not said that the level of service will be appropriate.
Find out in this article, what is the currency in Goa, and how much money it is better to take with you.
to content ↑
The opportunity to rent a bed in a hostel Goa available always, but especially this way the bed is in demand among young people.
To find housing with a minimum set of comfort and low cost in close proximity to beaches in the state is easy and you can do it on the spot.
The most attractive hostels Goa:
- Dreams Hostel in Vagator – colourful hostel is in demand among young people, thanks to the purity and presence of air conditioning;
- JUNGLE in Anjuna hostel in a single-storey building accommodates not so many guests which is a plus for this choice;
- Backpacker Panda – great value for cleanliness, comfort and location, and proximity to the beach create perfect conditions for rest;
- Wonderland – another great hostel in Agone, feature of which are several single-storey simple houses for guests, located close to the beaches.
Other accommodation facilities
A very convenient form of bed that suits large companies is the rental of cottages and villas. For Goa it's a fairly cheap way to stay not only for holidays but for longstay.
Find cottage directly on the spot, focusing on nameplates with an appropriate inscription "For rent".
Most often the cottages are located near beaches in scenic areas, and offers a swimming pool.
In Goa concentrated a lot of beautiful beaches, each of which often named for the locality in which it is located.
In South Goa white sand and the cleanest sea water is suitable for couples, honeymooners and people age, because in these areas the beaches are more secluded, down in a shallow sea, and the cleanliness is just perfect for the condition of the shoreline carefully monitored.
Some of the beaches of South Goa are incredibly popular:
- Aguada is a well maintained and well equipped beach under the walls of the Portuguese Fort;
- Miramar is a place located just 3 km from Panaji great for sunbathing but not for swimming;
- Dona Paula – a beach, which is considered a Paradise for lovers;
- Majorda is the most popular among Russians of the 30-kilometer strip of coast are located here;
- Palolem beach, situated in a Bay, so there is almost no waves.
In India you can buy various amulets and talismans, natural cosmetics and much more. Read herewhat else you can bring from Buddhist countries.
North Goa can boast of clear blue sea, developed infrastructure and natural beauty, but this place has its share of comfort, good nature and lovely places for an action-Packed beach holiday.
The beaches in this part of the state not subside even at night, thanks to organized parties until dawn.
The most popular beaches of North Goa are:
- Arpora is a small and quiet beach located close to Baga beach and Anjuna;
- Ashvem – uncrowded beach for family vacation or romantic getaway;
- Arambol is a beautiful and picturesque beach which is so loved by creative people for its exotic look;
- Candolim is the largest coast of Goa with a gentle descent and the ability to engage in extreme water sports;
- Anjuna is a whole diverse collection of beaches, among which we can find youth with the incessant trance music, and secluded for a relaxing holiday;
- Calangute – this beach characterizes clean sand color ivory, silence and tranquility.
Also noteworthy are other beaches such as Calangute, Colva and Tiracol, but whatever the choice, all of them impress tourists with stunning views, velvet sand and exotic nature.
What to do?
Holiday in Goa leaves no minute of free time, because there is always something to do.
Holidays in Goa would not be complete without visiting a few tour programs, designed for travelers with a rich culture and history of this state.
In this article you can read more explore the best attractions of Goa.
Definitely worth visiting attractions of Goa:
- Aguada Fort – a fortification designed to protect a Portuguese colony from the English;
- The Spice plantation is a good example of how to grow and care for the famous Indian spices;
- Old town – the place where the expressive architecture of the state, reflecting its colonial life;
- The deserted city of Hampi – a set of architectural values that were part of the former capital of Goa;
- The Dudhsagar waterfall is a natural attraction, falling from a height of 310 m.
In addition, here you can find beautiful churches and cathedrals belonging to Buddhist, Muslim and Christian religion.
Entertainment and shopping
For those who prefer an active vacation, in Goa there is the opportunity to go diving, parasailing, jet skiing and water skiing.
Fans of excursions can go boating along one of the rivers to explore the flora and fauna of the state or take an elephant ride during a visit to the Spice Plantations.
An unusual shopping experience awaits tourists Goa – visit the night markets of Anjuna, Mapusa and Arpora. In these places in the dark you can buy traditional jewellery, Souvenirs as well as try the variety of Indian cuisine.
Goa is incredibly popular because it has access to the Indian ocean, has a pleasant climate and is ready to provide a lot of exciting entertainment and excursion programs.