World map in Russian: where is Indonesia with the Islands?
Indonesia is a young but very promising power. She firmly holds the course for the development of its industrial and tourism potential and the enrichment of citizens. The influence of the country is growing, and with it the increasing interest surrounding its features, colour and possibilities.
Indonesia - detailed world map in Russian language
Indonesia - the state, located in South-East Asia.
Where and with whom borders?
Indonesia is not in vain belongs the title of "the largest island nation" — under her power is a giant number of Islands — more than 17.5 thousand.
All the Islands belong to the so-called Malay archipelago (excluding New Guinea) — Paradise place at the junction of the Pacific and Indian oceans.
Neighboring territories in these parts a bit and the border of Indonesia on land intersected:
- Malaysia — the island of Kalimantan;
- East Timor (on Timor island);
- Papua New Guinea — New Guinea island.
The climate of the archipelago
The climate on the Islands is hot and humid — Equatorial, which is without distinct zones flows into subequatorial. This means that the average temperature is around + 26°C, and does not deviate more than 3°in any direction.
Seasons the Islands of the archipelago are divided into:
An exception constitute the territory of North Sumatra and the Moluccas: here the climatic pattern is mirrored in nature.
Flights Russia — Indonesia
In this article, read how long a flight to the beloved Islands of Indonesia - Bali.
The same flight with a stopover (and sometimes more than one) are performed by different airlines on a large number of schemes: "the point of departure — place of arrival".
Flights to Indonesia — very long, can reach more than 24 hours.
To purchase a plane ticket, you can use this search form. It is enough to enter the city of departure and arrival, date and number of passengers.
The whole country is divided into 34 parts:
- 32 provinces (3 of them with enhanced powers);
- 2 district with a special status — the capital Jakarta and Yogyakarta.
Read also our article about the best attractions of Bali which are worth a visit.
The Capital Jakarta
Very large (664 km2) and the bustling city on the coast of the Java sea was the center of political and public life. Is divided into 5 municipal zones: Central, West, East, South and District of the Thousand Islands.
Despite the enormous options and value in the life of the country as a tourist Mecca — is rather weak. However, it is flying most of the regular Russian flights, then to break the flow of visitors at the destination.
Indonesia consists of more than 17.5 thousand Islands, most of which don't even have a name. The largest Islands are:
- Java is the most urbanized island of Indonesia. The atmosphere it creates, the blend of giant cities, beautiful nature and attractions;
- New Guinea — the Papuans and the abode of the primordial Paradise, and is home to rare animals and birds (some of them were thought to be extinct);
- Sumatra — the legendary island of active and dormant volcanoes. According to the theory of scientists that one of these eruptions more than 70 thousand years ago — have greatly influenced the earth's climate;
- Kalimantan or Borneo — the one and only island 3 countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei). Very popular among tourists;
- Sulawesi — diving Paradise and just a very beautiful place.
In addition, in the tourism industry popular: Bali, Lombok, Flores and others.
The largest city in Indonesia on Java island:
- Jakarta (capital) — more than 10 million inhabitants.
- The city of Bandung, Bekasi and Surabaya — more than 2.5 million people each;
- Tangerang (2 million), and South Tangerang (1.5 million);
- Depok — 1.8 million people;
- Semarang — 1.5 million.
The largest city of Indonesia in other Islands:
- Medan (North Sumatra) — 2.5 million;
- Palembang (South Sumatra) — 1.5 million;
- Makassar - South Sulawesi — 1.3 million people;
- Batam (over 1 million) in Riau Islands;
- Pekanbaru (Sumatra) — about 1 million
Read herewhat exotic gifts you can buy on the popular Indonesian island of Bali.
Data on state
Despite the large population (over 250 million), the regions of Indonesia is populated unevenly. Thus, more than 50% of the population have chosen the island of Java, and the least popular — the Moluccas.
A large part of the islanders belong to the Javanese. This nationality is the most common in numbers (more than 40% of the population) and geographically. Follow them: Sudanese (15%), maduri (4%), Minangkabau (3%) and Singapore (2.5 per cent). Only in Indonesia, people live more than 300 ethnic groups.
The ratio of men and women close to 1:1. The average age of resident: 28 years.
The country gained independence after the Second World war and since then is a presidential Republic. In addition, a major role in the political arena plays a Vice-President and various Ministerial ranks, numbers and powers, which defines the head of state.
Despite the huge population, the country is safe enough. Serious crimes (murder, terrorism, drug trafficking) is punishable by death. Therefore, violence against the person — are quite rare.
Special tension in the country making inter-ethnic strife and piracy in offshore waters.
Unlike serious crimes, the big distribution have theft, theft, various fraud.
Recommend you watch the video, where you will learn more about the location of Indonesia in the world: