International airports on the map of Greece: Halkidiki, Thessaloniki, GPA, Crete
Greece attracts tourists from all over the world who come to this country mainly on the plane. In Greek airports in international traffic quite a lot. Before the trip to see them.
Airports Greece on the map in Russian language
Terminals are located throughout the country. To study their location must be carefully considered map.
Where are the international terminals?
Only in this state 50 airports, but only 15 of them have international status.
They are located in different parts of the country and on the Islands, which is very convenient for tourists who can very quickly get to the desired resort.
Are the largest international airport in the most populous cities:
- Athens airport "Eleftherios Venizelos";
- Thessaloniki "Macedonia";
- Kavala airport "Megas Alexandros";
- Alexandroupolis - "Demokritos".
Read more in our article, how long does it take to fly from the capital of the Russian Federation in Greece.
International air terminals are also available on Islands with luxury resorts. Location:
- Heraklion, Crete;
- Kefalonia, Ionian Islands;
- KOs, South Aegean Islands;
- Samos, Northern Aegean Islands.
In the Central part of Greece 's international airports less. They are mainly concentrated in the South West of the country, near the sea. This is done for the convenience of tourists in order to the right of the resort city can be reached quickly.
To the domestic airports of the country include the small terminals. They are in sparsely populated towns that are not popular among tourists. All these airports, there are just over twenty.
Over the last few years closed five terminals, the rest were closed: used for military training. The most well-known domestic civil airports are located in the following cities:
- Astypalaia in the Southern Aegean Islands;
- Hair in Thessaly;
- Kythira in Attica;
- Ikaria in the North Aegean Islands;
- Kastoria in Western Macedonia;
- Preveza in Epirus.
The geography of these airports - the centre, South, East and sparsely populated Islands.
The services of these terminals are mostly locals who need to get quickly from one city to another. Tourists seen very little.
The air port on the mainland
There is a list of airports that have international status, which serve the greatest number of travelers.
In the state capital is the largest airport. It is called "Eleftherios Venizelos", has two terminals: main and additional.
From Moscow operate flights to Athens two airlines: Aeroflot and S7 Airlines. The first takes off from Sheremetyevo, and the second from Domodedovo. From other Russian cities planes in Athens't fly. You can get to Athens from Yerevan, flights are performed by Air Armenia.
The infrastructure of the terminal developed a modern technical equipment, soft Seating, with free Internet, air conditioning. Among the services:
- Help Desk;
- Stores duty free;
- Car hire;
- Children's area with entertainment;
- Meeting rooms.
Don't forget before you travel to check your debts. How to do it, read here.
Watch a video about the history, infrastructure and services, Athens airport:
And to purchase a plane ticket, you can use this search form. Enter the city of departure and arrival, date and number of passengers.
It is a young, rapidly growing city. It has one international airport "Demokritos". Mainly the flights are carried out with European countries. From Russia, too, can reach this city flights are made from Sheremetyevo airport in Moscow and Pulkovo in Saint-Petersburg. From CIS airport "Demokritos" is not accessible.
Among the infrastructure of the airport: information Desk, waiting rooms, modern technical devices, free Internet, continuous running air conditioning system. Services for passengers:
- Hour food delivery;
- Meeting room;
- Medical office;
This town is the airport "Macedonia". He is a three-storey modern building. You can get there from Moscow (Domodedovo) and Yekaterinburg (Koltsovo). Often flights are carried out from Kiev.
Leading company, which provides flights from the major cities of Russia - Aeroflot.
The modern building of the airport has developed infrastructure: comfortable waiting rooms, information Desk, free Internet. Offered for all passengers services:
- Room for changing;
- Children's centres;
- Business Lounges;
To reach the popular resort of Halkidiki, where there are no air gates, by bus, by taxi, by train from different cities of Greece. From the airport "Macedonia" can be reached by car a Shuttle service for a fee, regular bus connections.
Thassos is also loved by tourists from different countries, but its own airport there yet. To reach it, take the bus. He stops and carries out a landing at the airport. Ticket price - 15 euros.
The statue of Philip II, Church. Demetrios, the Palace of Gaius Galerius and many other interesting sights of Thessaloniki, you will find in this article.
The international airport in the Peloponnese Peninsula, is small by European standards. Carries out flights from Europe. Located seven kilometers from the city. To get to the city from Moscow (Domodedovo), Yekaterinburg, Kaliningrad, St. Petersburg. Flights are operated by Aegean airlines.
Infrastructure: comfortable waiting room, information center, Parking, air conditioning in the entire building. Despite its small size, passengers are offered the following services:
- Medical center;
- A room mother and child;
- Shops with Souvenirs, food, other press products;
This town is a tourist resort that attracts the interest of foreigners. It is not surprising that at the airport there are many tourists. The airport itself is small but has international status. Called "Megas Alexandros".
Most of the flights from Kavala is in the direction of European countries.
To get to this city from Russia is possible only from Moscow (Domodedovo). The flights are performed by Aegean Airlines. From neighboring countries to this city, flights are not performed.
The small airport infrastructure is developed: there are ATMs, vending machines, air conditioners, Internet connection, shops, hotels. The passengers:
- Children's center;
- The information office.
In the Peloponnese, in the city of Patras is located the airport Araxoscode GPA. It is close to the seaside and the hotels, so it's filled with tourists in the summer. Flights from Moscow (Sheremetyevo) Charter, as the terminal is considered a war. Civil flights is much less than in neighboring cities.
To get to this city by the company VIM-Avia. Flights from neighboring countries are not carried out. The main flow of passengers come from neighbouring countries, southern European.
Haven't decided where to go? To decide on a resort in Greece, you can use this article.
Airport infrastructure is developed, but in many ways inferior to the nearby terminals. Rooms are small shops and cafes very little. They often accumulate a turn. There is free Internet, there isParking. Services include:
- Information Desk;
- Shop with Souvenirs;
- Transfer to the hotel.
Heavenly moorings on the Islands
On the Islands of the state terminals are smaller, but no less comfortable than the big international airports. Flights to the Islands a little less, but tourists come from different countries.
On the territory of Crete airports located in the cities of Heraklion, Crete. In the Heraklion airport terminal is called "Nikos Kazantzakis". It annually carries out flights to different cities in the world.
To reach Heraklion from Moscow, St.-Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, Tbilisi, and Kiev.
Companiesthat carry out flights to Russia from Heraklion:
- Aegean Airlines;
- Aviatrans Kiev;
- Nordwind Airlines;
- Ukraine International Airlines;
- Orenburg Airlines;
- Ural Airlines;
- Azur Air.
Travelers love this airport. It has developed infrastructure: large, spacious rooms, information Desk, Internet, rooms of high comfort. Offered for passengers services:
- Currency exchange;
- Children's room;
- Car hire;
- The medical office.
Read here about the iconic places of the Greek state, which should not be ignored.
Located in Chania airport name Ioannis Daskalogiannis. It is slightly inferior to the terminal in Heraklion: it has a slightly smaller area and the number of flights. To travel from Moscow (Domodedovo) will help the company Aegean Airlines. The airport though small but comfortable - there are cafes, shops, easy chairs in the Lounges. Among the services is to provide:
- The duty-free shop;
- Souvenir shops;
- Tour Desk;
- Currency exchange;
- Room for changing;
- The machines with food.
List of Yaroslav the other island territories
The state of Greece owns many small Islands. They also have terminals. Select the airports of the following Islands:
- Rhodes. The airport of this island is called Diagoras and is located near famous resorts. It is possible to travel from Moscow (Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo) and St Petersburg (Pulkovo). Carry out flights by two companies: Aeroflot and S7 Airlines;
- KOs. The name of the airport "Hippocrates". You can get there from Moscow (Domodedovo, Vnukovo) and St. Petersburg (Pulkovo). Have flights: Aegean Airlines and UTair;
- Zakynthos. Is called Dionysios Solomos. The main flights are to Europe. In Russia planes fly only to Moscow (Domodedovo) and St. Petersburg by Aeroflot, NordStar Airlines, Orenair;
- Kefalonia. Called the airport "Ana Polat". It is quite small, flights are significantly less than on the mainland. To get the Russians only from Moscow (Domodedovo) company Yamal Airlines.
- Corfu (Kerkyra). Is called "Ioannis Kapodistrias". The airport is located near the resorts, so people come here from different countries of the world. Serves flights from Russia, the company Orenburg airlines;
- Lemnos. The airport is modern, actively cooperating with different countries of the world. The Russians can only be reached from Moscow (Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo);
- Mytilene. Called "Odysseas Elytis". It's a small airport, which is cooperating with European countries. To get from Russia and abroad will not work. Will transplant;
- Samos. The airport is called "Aristarchus of Samos". Quite small by European standards, the airport, which is only full during the summer. Direct communication with Russia;
- Skiathos. A little-known terminal called "Alexandros Papadiamantis". Resorts on the island a bit, so the flights happen in much smaller numbers than the neighboring Islands. Russia direct communication no. The tourist will have to change;
- Santorini. The location of the airport near the village of Kamari. In the holiday season, the airport receives and sends flights to almost all the major cities of Europe, but communication with Russia, Ukraine and other CIS countries, no. In order to get to Santorini from Russia, you will have to first fly to Athens and then transfer to a domestic flight.
Fly to Corfu from Moscow (Sheremetyevo), St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara.
Thus, in Greece a huge number of airports. They settled not only in large cities on the mainland, but also on small Islands.Tourists through this to get to the resort very convenient.