Map of the world and the UK in Russian: where is Scotland?
We often talk about different countries, but sometimes part of something more interesting can be another whole. Meet: Scotland on the world map! This country, many associated with the male skirt (kilt), the Loch ness monster and bagpipes.
Scotland on the map of Europe and the UK in Russian language
As they say, meet on clothes, so Scotland in the first place to look will be on the look – relief that is native and who resides in any conditions. But first the main question: "Scotland - where is it all?".
If you search for Scotland with respect to our country – we need to move to the West.
to content ↑
The geography of the country
- The area of Scotland under 79 thousand square kilometers.
- The climate here is temperate oceanic. Summer of abundant rainfall and skimp on the heat, winter is wet and cool, the "cold" in the North, where temperatures fall slightly below zero.
- The terrain in the Kingdom not uniform: the Northern half and the Western part is mountainous, the rest of the territory is flat.
Sea route separates Scotland from Northern Ireland, where travelers find true silence and solitude in beautiful surroundings. Read here about the attractions of Northern Ireland.
Britain is a poor country in terms of vegetation, the proportion of forest area does not reach the level of ten percent, but for tourists, this fact is compensated by the abundance of attractions. Scotland also is consistent with this description, although there are some rare plants.
Many large mammals in this Kingdom was destroyed, the number of species is now on the brink of extinction. Some species are moving to Scotland again. In General, the fauna of the Kingdom is fairly typical for its geographical position.
It is worth noting the sea, where fish species are estimated in the tens of thousands and which has dozens of indigenous creatures.
Interesting information about the Kingdom
Now try to understand the basis of the people of Scotland: how he lives, how he lived and how to live (actually, the last question the answer is not, just sounds nice).
- The official history of Scotland began in the year 843.
- In the next few centuries, the Kingdom has held the territoryalmost similar to the modern.
- In the middle of the XI century the Normans began the process of capturing England, at the same time beginning to radically change policy in Scotland.
- At the end of the XIII century was the era of the transfer of the Scottish lands of the noble Normans.
- Between Scotland and England had a lot of conflicts.
- Temporarily Scotland became part of England due to the contract of William I the Lion, but in 1189 again gained independence thanks to Richard the Lionheart.
- From the XII century began the Troubled times, fight for the crown and as a result, another successful English attack.
- In 1297, a rebellion led by William Wallace.
- Scotland gained full independence with king Robert I Bruce.
- Further, in Scotland, began the dynasty of the Stuarts, the Kingdom did not have any problems until the seventeenth century, in which the force of Oliver Cromwell's England and Scotland again merged into one.
- In 1660 and Scotland againbecomes independent thanks to Charles II of the Stuarts.
- In 1707 Scotland and England merged into the Kingdom.
- In 1745-1746 happened Jacobin uprising, but it did not save the Dynasty of the Stuarts.
- After the industrial revolution in the nineteenth century the Kingdom had lost stability.
- The second world war negatively impacted on Scotland, but the United States and Japan provided financial assistance.
- As a result of the referendum in 2014, the Kingdom finally became an Autonomous state.
A castles of England, created hundreds of years ago, survived to the present day. Read about them in this article.
The internal structure
The Scottish population according to one of the last census coming to a figure of 5.5 million people.
In Scotland speaks English, Anglo-Scottish and Gaelic, the first language is considered official.
The Church of Scotland, main in the state, she Presbyterian. It is about two-thirds of all believers. Of the total population adherents of the Church of Scotland accounted for 32%, 16% Catholic and 5% belong to the Scottish Episcopal Church, the rest do not belong to the Church.
In Scotland a parliamentary political system.
The state and city
As already mentioned, we view Scotland as part of the whole (the UK). How about to consider part of the whole (which can be divided is given to us in consideration of a Kingdom, if without a fun tautology)?
The decision of the British Parliament in 1996, Scotland was divided into 32 parts, and part on the community and constituency. In Scotland there are 73 constituencies and 8 regions, of which the British Parliament recognized only 59 districts.
If you plan to explore the whole of the UK, find out herewhat the weather is waiting for you in rainy London for months.
- Glasgow is the largest city in the Kingdom.
- Edinburgh – capital of Scotland.
- Aberdeen is the commercial and administrative center, the second largest, and the settlement in its place arose as much as 8 thousand years ago.
- Dundee industrial centre, inferior to other cities of its size.
The information here is the most basic and, in actual fact, not the most interesting, because all I want to know about the culture, attractions and all in such spirit.
Well, now that the basic knowledge in your pocket, and without a Foundation no house built, you can continue to explore Scotland in one of our next articles.
Detailed location of Scotland on the world map in this video: