The weather and temperatures in September in Bulgaria
Bulgaria is a beautiful beaches on the background of green forest and mountain landscape, a country with a rich history, with many hotels, restaurants and bars.
From may through October couples, families and people of all ages come to enjoy a beach holiday in Bulgariaand from November to April, prefer a ski vacation.
Weather in Bulgaria is one of those things where you don't have to worry. Along the coast of the Black sea temperature in September varies between 20°C and 25°C.
In the evenings a little cooler, but you can grab a light jacket. Rain is also a rare guest in September – just a couple of showers per month.
The sun shines all day and the water temperature in September does not fall below 22°.
The two main beach resort - Sunny beach, approximately 25 km from Bourgas airport and Golden Sands, which is located approximately 25 kilometres from Varna airport.
Most of the tourists prefer to stay at those two resorts, but there are many other options for those looking for a more authentic Bulgarian beach holidays.
Where to spend time?
In Bulgaria there is that and also is where to go besides the beach. This country is particularly proud of its rich history and its traditions.
Despite the fall, day in Bulgaria is warm and Sunny – it's time to explore the attractions of one of the cities.
- the real jewel of the city with stunning gold domes is the Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky. What immediately catches the eye, even at a distance, is the large 45 m gold plated bulbs;
- invisible will remain a 21-metre statue of St. Sophia. It was erected in 2000 on the site that was once occupied by a Lenin statue;
- The St. George rotunda Church was built by the Romans in the 4th century. This is one of the oldest surviving buildings in the city. The Church is famous for fezzes. that date back to the 10th century.
Discover the Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Turkish architectural styles of Sofia, boasting museums, churches, art galleries and Opera houses.
- Stone forest is a natural attraction that is located about 20 km South-West of Varna and is well known around the world. According to scientists, on this place many years ago was the bottom of the sea, and the water carved these rocks and left on the surface;
- located on the site of the ancient city Odessos, the magnificent Roman baths in Varna are a relic of Roman legacy in Bulgaria.
- the planetarium with its Observatory, which has binoculars and telescopes, used for teaching or just to watch the sunset, the moon, planets, stars.
- the old town of Plovdiv is the main reason why you need to visit this city. This area, full of cobbled streets leading up a steep hill. This is a real Museum under the open sky;
- Amphitheatre, ancient theatre, probably the best known monument from antiquity in Bulgaria. It was built in the early 2nd century during the reign of Roman Emperor Trajan;
- the Nebet Tepe hill contains various archaeological layers, the oldest of which date to the bronze age.
Wondering where to go to rest with your child? The answer to the question look at this article.
- the Church of Hagia Sophia is the Basilica was built in the late 5th and early 6th century, located in the heart of the ancient city;
- the old windmill is a well – preserved authentic building in the black sea style.
- at the entrance to the old town of Nessebar can see remains of fortress walls , authentic medieval, Roman and Greek street pavements, fortifications of different epochs and other buildings.
The old town of Sozopol, located on a small Peninsula is a real gem with traditional houses, small churches and ancient ruins.
In the rest of the tourists waiting for the water parks, parks, museums and incredibly beautiful vintageChurch.
Holidays and festivals
Holidays in Bulgaria will give you the opportunity to experience the magic of Bulgarian folk music and dances in colorful traditional costumes and rituals. In such cities as Varna, Burgas and Sozopol in the fall there are several cultural festivals and concerts.
September 2, the day of the town of Dimitrovgrad, which is famous for its unique socialist architecture of the last century. This kind of "socialism in Baroque" will appeal to fans of interesting buildings.
September 8 festival in the town of Haskovo in honor of the virgin Mary, who is the patroness of the city for centuries.
In her honor in 2003, has set a 30-meter statue. It was added in the Guinness book of records "Guinness" as the highest in the world.
Not accidentally the inhabitants of this southern European city was chosen by 8 of September his holiday. The Nativity of the blessed virgin Mary is celebrated on the same day.
Many cultural events are an integral part of the festivities and continues all week.
On 22 September Bulgaria celebrates the Day of Independence.
30 September celebrates the holiday Stambolovo is a small district located in the Eastern part of the Rhodope mountains. In Bulgaria Stambolovo is known for natural products such as honey, fruits and vegetables, grain - one of the best in the world.
Traditional music festivals are an important part of Bulgarian rural life.
All year round in Bulgaria are interesting and vibrant exhibitions, but September is perhaps the most popular month for such events. Especially it is famous for its Sofia and Plovdiv. No wonder Plovdiv is called the cultural capital of Bulgaria.
24 September in Sofia will be held the "Exhibition of Hunting, fishing and sports."
Where to go on holiday in September? Useful tips and advice in this article.
28 September Plovdiv will host several events dedicated to electronics, technology, agriculture, the automotive industry. They will be held in the Exhibition center of the International fair Plovdiv.
In addition, the museums and galleries in Bulgaria is carried out monthly exhibitions, dedicated to different events.
What to do?
Bulgaria is a beach holiday and excursion tourism, Hiking and skiing, familiarity with traditional cuisine and the incredible nightlife.
There are lots of activities and excursions on offer for more active guests.
The Bachkovo monastery, located 8 km from Plovdiv, was founded in the 11th century and now is home to rare frescoes, icons, manuscripts and coins.
Town of Belogradchik, nestled in the foothills of the Balkan mountains, is part of Bulgarian history.
The main sights include the fortress, the ancient MAGURA cave on Rabisha lake, and the rocks, a wondrous expanse, bizarre rock formations, named a natural landmark of Bulgaria.
The mountain Biking in the Rhodope mountains you will find excellent tracks. Cycling along the black sea coast is a popular family activity.
Mountaineering and climbing can be arranged in the areas of Vratsa, Veliko Tarnovo, Trojan, Malyovitsa.
Steep cliffs on mount Pirin, Rhodope, Rila, Stara Planina and are popular with climbers. There are also numerous caves and impressive rock formations with ancient petroglyphs.
Horse riding is traditionally popular in Bulgaria; possible itineraries go to the valley of the Danube to the mountains of Rila and Stara Planina and the valley of roses.
Relax on the beach
Bulgaria has over 370 km of wonderful coastline with sandy beaches. The bustling resorts of Sunny beach and Golden Sands, picturesque Albena, historical Nesebar, the cultural and historical center of Varna or port city of Burgas.
The country also boasts other smaller, but no less spectacular seaside resorts like Ahtopol, Lozenets and Kiten, where the fun almost never stops.
In addition to beautiful beaches, clean sea water and good weather Bulgaria offers a great variety of beach activities.
The day is a noisy water parks, pirate cruises for children, karting, night travelers waiting for a loud party and a colorful show in the many cafes and restaurants.
Holiday in Bulgaria. Golden Sands
Mineral water is not only Hungary, but also Bulgaria. The healing properties of the Bulgarian mineral waters were used for centuries.
Ancient mineral complexes were built near the mineral springs, and now there are lots of hotels and spas, especially around the Black sea.
Bulgaria is a traditional beach resort and beautiful nature. It has everything to spend an unforgettable weekend, plus surprisingly good value and quality.