The Republic of Tatarstan: the list of attractions and natural resources
On the planet can't find another example of the region in which so harmoniously, the East meets the West, where Christianity and Islam coexist so peacefully. The uniqueness and richness of the spiritual and material culture of the Republic is the heritage of not only our country but of all mankind.
Information about Tatarstan
Tatarstan is situated in the Eastern part of the Russian plain at the confluence of the Kama and Volga rivers. The total area is nearly 68 thousand kilometers. For the territory of the Republic inherent in flat terrain with small hills. The population of approximately 3 900 000 inhabitants, which allows Tatarstan to occupy the 8th place among the constituent entities of the Russian Federation.
This is one of the most developed in socio-economic terms the regions of the Russian Federation.
Kazan - the capital of the Republic, has repeatedly among the best tourist destinations among Russian cities. Of great interest is not only the capital but also other cities, villages and natural sites of the Republic.
Tatarstan has a long history Dating back to antiquity. Volga Bulgaria was one of the first countries in Eastern Europe that emerged at the confluence of two large rivers — the Volga and the Kama. It happened in the 8th and 9th centuries on the basis of the Turkic tribes moved to lands East of the Volga. The first written source about the land of the Bulgars is the entry of the Persian scientist Ibn Rusta, who in his encyclopedia "cherished values" indicated the boundaries of the settlement of this nation.
In the 10th century the young country fell into vassalage to the Khazar khanate, but was later freed and became an independent state. In the early 10th century the state religion of Volga Bulgaria became Islam, which established close relations of the young state to the East. The state of the Bulgars was distinguished by the development of material and spiritual culture.
In the 13th century Volga Bulgaria fell under the aggressive campaigns of Mongols and became part of the Golden Horde, the Bulgars became one of the constituent ethnic groups. During the collapse of the Golden Horde, the Bulgars, adopted the new name "Tatars", could ensure the separation of the territory of the former Bulgaria. The new state received the name of the Kazan khanate, with its capital in Kazan.
In the mid-15th century during the 100 years, there were constant conflicts of the Duchy of Moscow and the Kazan khanate.
Ended the conflicts during the reign of Ivan the terrible, who in 1552 organized a campaign aimed at the conquest of Kazan. With the help of military-technical superiority of the Russian troops were able to capture and almost completely destroy Kazan. The history of the independent Kazan khanate ended, and it was included in the Russian state, although even for 150 years, were formally independent of the Kazan Kingdom.
In 1708, during the administrative reforms carried out by Peter, was organized by the Kazan province, which for 200 years was constantly changing. At this time the land of the province was gradually settled with Russians and other Christian immigrants, which formed the multinational composition of the region's residents.
In 1920 the province was transformed into the Tatar Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic within the RSFSR. Since 1990 the Republic of Tatarstan. According to the current Constitution of Russia — the subject of the Russian Federation, is a national-state formation.
How to get there?
The location of Tatarstan and its economic and political importance allows the region to have a developed transport system, linking the Republic with the outside world.
The fastest way to get to Tatarstan is to use a plane. Kazan international airport is located a few dozen kilometers from the city and receives domestic and international flights. Specially for the Universiade-2013 was inaugurated the new terminal of the airport. To get from the airport to the city via bus routes and trains.
Also airports and airfields there are incities:
Buy plane tickets, using the convenient search form. Enter the data about the cities of departure and arrival, date of departure and the number of passengers.
Kazan is 2 train station Kazan-1 and Kazan-2to host long-distance trains and commuter routes.
By 2021, the planned entry of Russia's first regular high-speed trains on the route Moscow — Kazan.
Passes through the Republic the Federal highway "Volga"connecting Tatarstan with its capital and the Ural region. In addition, there are several highways of Federal and regional significance, connecting Kazan and other major cities of Tatarstan and surrounding regions and republics. Good bus routes.
The most romantic way to get to Tatarstan is to use water transport. The spring-summer navigation is carried out on the main water arteries of the region: Volga, Vyatka, Kama and Belaya river. In the capital of the Republic, there is the Kazan river station, receiving as intercity routes of ships, and are involved in regional transportation.
In Tatarstan, a wonderful quality of life. Read in this articlewhere you can move to live in Russia.
The main attractions - photos and description
Knowledge of new and unusual things, getting fresh impressions is one of the basic needs of modern human cultural. Tatarstan is ready to surprise and satisfy the interest of the most avid and sophisticated traveler. Attractions for every taste will find its connoisseur in almost every corner of the Republic.
Of course, the nature of Tatarstan is impossible to expect the rugged beauty of the mountains or the bright tropical colors. However, fans of the so-called "silent beauty" will not be disappointed with the nature of the region.
- The largest in Tatarstan national Park "Nizhnyaya Kama" was established in 1991 to preserve and restore the natural resources of the Republic of Tatarstan. The Park area is more than 26 thousand hectares. "The bottom Kama" is an extended plain intersected by valleys of several rivers. On the territory grow more than 500 species of plants, many of which are listed in the Red Book of Russia. Fauna is represented by over 400 species of animals.
A system of lakes "Blue lake" located in the capital of the Republic. Consists of a Large Blue, Flowing and Small Blue lakes. Since 1994, the nature monument received a status of state natural reserve of regional importance.
The maximum depth of the lake is small, no more than 4 meters, but their beauty and water clarity make them popular not only among visitors but also among the residents of Tatarstan. Big blue lake is a popular destination for divers and fans of winter swimming.
- Tatarstan is a place of confluence of two great rivers — the Volga and the Kama. After construction of the dam Zhigulevskaya hydroelectric power station it is hidden by the waters of the Kuibyshev reservoir. Its length is more than 500 kilometers, the Northern part is located on the territory of Tatarstan. As a result of filling of the reservoir has formed a real man-made sea — water surface width at the mouth of the Kama reaches up to 44 miles.
"The bottom Kama" offers more than a dozen travel and tour route, the most popular of which is the Hiking route "Shishkin forest", created on motives of works of I. I. Shishkin.
Cathedrals, mosques and monasteries
Tatarstan is not only historically the main Islamic region of Russia, but also an important center of Orthodoxy. Religious buildings of two peacefully coexisting religions are of great interest for tourists and pilgrims, among them we can mention:
One of the oldest Orthodox monasteries of the Republic of Tatarstan - the virgin monastery of Raifa. Located a few dozen kilometers from Kazan in the North-West direction. Founded in 1613 by monk Filaret hermit who retired to a solitary cell, around which later grew up the monastery, finally approved in 1661 Metropolitan Lavrenty.
Like most Russian monasteries, a complex of buildings built in different epochs and combines several architectural styles:
- Ancient architecture;
- Neo-Russian style.
The main Shrine of the monastery is an exact list of the Georgian icon of the mother of God.
- Kazan virgin monastery is located in the city centre in the street Big Red. Based on the place of finding of the miraculous Kazan icon of the Mother of God, the original of which militia Pozharskyfreed Moscow from Polish invaders in 1612. The original icon was kept in this monastery, until in 1904 was not stolen and destroyed. The monastery was badly damaged during the Soviet era now gradually being revived.
The Kul Sharif mosque, opened in 2005, is relatively new to Kazan architectural structure. It was built on the territory of the Kazan Kremlin on the site of the destroyed by the troops of Ivan the terrible the main mosque of the Kazan khanate.
Kul-Sharif cannot be called a traditional Tatar mosque, built in typical Turkish style the Friday mosque. However, the richness of its external and internal finishes, Central location and imposing size make it one of the most visited and interesting tourist temples of Kazan.
- Among many of the mosques in Kazan, built in the 19th century, particularly stands out Äcem mosque, erected by the merchant Asimov. The nobility of finishes, the ease and grace of a design allowing it to be considered one of the masterpieces of Tatar religious architecture. The temple is located in the former Old-Tatar settlement, the street fatkullina.
Peter and Paul Cathedral in Kazan - one of the best examples of Russian Baroque style in all of Russia. The temple, unique in its exterior design, was completed in 1726. The exterior of the temple is apparent Oriental motifs, typical of the former Kazan khanate.
The Cathedral is the fruit of joint creativity of Kazan, Moscow and probably of Florentine architects. Built at the expense of the Kazan merchant Miklyaeva and is located in the city centre, on the street Musa Jalil.
Epiphany Cathedral in Kazan not so familiar to tourists. But its bell tower is one of the symbols of the capital of the Republic.
Rapid and easy silhouette of the building, built in neo-Russian style, is one of the landmarks of Kazan.
The Cathedral itself was finished in the mid 18th century, the bell tower was built in 1897. For a long time was the tallest building in the city.
In 2016, the solemn consecration of the place of the restoration of the Cathedral of the Kazan icon of the Mother of God.
Gardens and parks
In only one of Kazan gardens and parks occupy an area of over 600 hectares. Presented in both regular and landscape parks.
The memorial Victory Park in Kazan is located in the North of the city, in the Novo-Savinovsky district. The area started developing in the mid-seventies, the construction of the memorial complex was completed to the celebration of the anniversary of the Victory in 1995. In the Park an exhibition of military equipment since world war II and later times. Also the Park is decorated with a Stele of Victory with a height of over 40 meters.
Millennium Park of Kazan together with the adjacent lake Nizhny Kaban form a uniform complex for a quiet family holiday in the heart of the city.
One of the youngest parks of Kazan have already managed to gain popularity among honeymooners for its scenic landscapes.
It is also worth noting the Park "Black lake", which is located in the city center near the Kremlin. A popular venue for city festivals and events. Decoration of the Park is its lake.
Preserved historical center of Kazan one of the largest in Russia. For its size it is second only to the centres of the two capitals. In many district towns remained regular 19th century buildings that are of great interest for lovers of architecture.
The Kazan Kremlin is the main pride of Kazan and its main attraction. White stone fortress was founded in the mid-16th century by the architects Postnik Yakovlev and Ivan Shireem in the place where was destroyed during the assault Khan's fortress.
Unfortunately, not all preserved towers of the Kremlin, but 8 of them, including the famous leaning Suyumbike Tower, still adorn the castle. The complex has numerous buildings of different time. The most interesting of them:
- Annunciation Cathedral;
- The Kul-Sharif Mosque;
- Cadet school.
Within the walls of the fortress are opened several museums. The Kremlin is the object of archaeological excavations.
Complex of the Kazan Kremlin in 2000, is located in the world heritage List of UNESCO.
Bauman street — the second most popular tourist destination in Kazan. This pedestrian street is one of the oldest in the city.
There are numerous museums, exhibitions and architectural monuments, for example:
- National Bank;
- Hotel "Shalyapin";
- The Hotel "Kazan";
- The bell tower of the Epiphany Cathedral.
Bauman street is full of cafes and restaurants, designed for any thickness of a purse. This is the most noisy and crowded place in Kazan.
On the street Bauman in Kazan can be reached by metro. Read href="http://tour.liketourist.com/strana/rossiya/v-kakih-gorodah-metro/">this article, in which other Russian cities have metro.
A masterpiece of provincial eclecticism — Ushkova's House architect Karl Myufke located on Kremlin street. In addition to outstanding exterior, a fully preserved interior and the internal layout of the building. Each room is designed in different architectural styles:
- Eastern style.
Inside the building is a winter garden made in the form of a grotto. Currently the building is the national library of the Republic of Tatarstan.
Among the architectural achievements of the Republic applies the new stadium "Kazan arena", built for held in 2013 in the city of the Universiade. A modern football stadium can seat 45,000 spectators. In 2015, the "Kazan Arena" was held competitions of athletes in the world Championship in water sports. For tourists is available as a tour of the facility.
One of the most striking and controversial buildings built in recent years in Kazan, is the Palace of Agriculture, situated on the banks of the Kazanka river near the Kremlin walls. The structure, executed in the mixed style of the Empire style and classicism, has attracted a lot of both negative and positive reviews. Particularly attracted the attention of the bronze tree located in the Central pediment of the building.
The unique preservation and integrity of a sample of County construction in elabuge. The new architectural appearance of the city was formed after the great fire of 1850.
A single style of building, civil and administrative buildings creates a pleasant atmosphere that is suitable for immersion in the world of the 19th century.
In addition, in General, the architectural ensemble perfectly outstanding religious buildings, such as Cathedral in the name of the Saviour.
Kazan offers tourists a wide variety of museums. Open as a large complex and personal Museum dedicated to one of the outstanding personality.
- National Museum of the Republic of Tatarstan is located opposite the Kremlin in the building of the former Gostiny Dvor. Its collections include more than 800 thousand exhibits. This is one of the oldest museums of the Republic, his discovery was in 1895.
Natural history Museum of Tatarstan is the territory of the Kazan Kremlin. The opening took place in 2005.
The Museum exposition represents the collection of data on its mineral resources, geological history, flora and fauna.
The Museum implemented interactive and multimedia technologies.
- The Museum of Konstantin Vasilyev is located on the street Bauman. The exposition includes a large collection of original outstanding artist, who lived in Kazan.
- Bilyarsk historical-archaeological and natural Museum-reserve. Situated in the Alekseevsky district of the Republic. In the reserve include historical and archaeological Museum, Belarusskie settlement, Gorkinskaya and Nikolsk-Baronskoe settlement, Bilyarsk settlement, the natural, cultural and historical monuments, a cemetery with a crypt, a famous chemist A. M. Butlerov, the House-Museum of academician A. E. Arbuzov, architecture and the cult complex of the "Holy key."
In recent years monuments and outdoor sculpture flooded the streets of Russian cities. Not spared this fashion and the city of Tatarstan. Some of the monuments became very popular and managed to acquire myths:
- In Kazan on Bauman street, is a monument coach of Catherine the great, which is a copy of the carriage of the Queen, where she visited the city in 1767. The original carriage is in the Museum.
- The monument to the outstanding native of Kazan to F. Shalyapin installed on the Bauman street near the hotel. Nearby is the Cathedral of the Epiphany, which was baptized by this great singer. In the bell tower of the Cathedral features a small Museum Chaliapin.
- Monument-fountain to the cauldron , located in Millennium Park of Kazan. The legend about the origin and name of the city says that Kazan was founded on the site of the fallen into the water pot (cauldron). Another legend says that here the cauldron with the water boil without fire. These ancient myths were embodied in the new monument.
- Long winged dragon Zilant is the symbol and the patron of Kazan. Half serpent, half Dragon, Zilant is the most favorite citizens mythological creature. A small sculpture in his honor is installed in Bauman street, near the entrance of the metro station "Kremlin".
- The steam locomotive-monument L-1765is located in Bugulma. Set it to the first century of the railway station Bugulma. The monument fits perfectly into the architectural appearance of the railway station.
The monument to Vladimir Vysotsky in Naberezhnye Chelny. The composition consists of:
- Cutthe bell, which the idea represents good emotions, awaken the creativity of Vysotsky;
- Guitar - the symbol of the most creative activities of Vladimir Semenovich;
- And something similar to the theatrical stage.
Monument coach of Catherine the great is one of the favorite tourists and citizens. To be photographed it is a good sign.
Tatar national Souvenirs you'll find almost every turn. And what kind of Souvenirs are usually brought from Tatarstan, read here.
What else to see?
Not always conditions of travel allow you to visit many attractions. There can also be temporary, weather or other limitations. But in this case, you can plan your trip so as to get pleasure from it and pleasant experience.
Not all visitors are ready to "rest" in the mode of a traveler, visiting sights in various parts of the city and the region.
Very popular are excursions of one day in which you can fully immerse yourself in the object of interest.
One of the exciting tourist routes is a trip to the island town of Sviyazhsk, located at the confluence of the Volga and Sviyaga rivers. In this place, Ivan the terrible founded a fortress which has become a reference point in the conquest of the Kazan khanate.
Now the small village has a rich cultural heritage and range of attractions. On the island there are two active monasteries - the virgin-the Uspensky man's monastery and Sviyazhsk Ioanno-predtechenskiy monastery, and one is not functioning sviazhsky of the Trinity-Sergius monastery with wooden Trinity Church of the 16th century.
In addition, the island is organized by the State Museum "Island town of Sviyazhsk". To get to the village you can water and road transport.
One of the main attractions of the Republic of Tatarstan — ancient town of Bolghar, situated on the banks of the Volga about 200 km South of Kazan. The city, founded in the 10th century, during the reign of Berke Khan was the centre of Volga Bulgaria after its conquest by the Mongols and the inclusion of the Golden Horde.
Located on the site of ancient stone buildings, partially preserved to this day:
- The Northern and Eastern mausoleums;
- The Khan's tomb;
- The fragments of masonry of the mosque;
- Small and large minarets.
In 2012 the site was erected a masterpiece of national Tatar architecture — the White mosque, embodies the ancient history and culture of Tatarstan. In 2014 the complex Bulgarian settlement a UNESCO world heritage site.
Going on a ski resort, select the correct poles and skis with the help of this article.
In the winter
In Tatarstan it is possible to come to rest not only in summer but also in winter, and this recreation can also be unforgettable.
For lovers of active holidays in winter in the Republic opened a resort city "Sviyazhsk hills".
Sports-entertainment complex includes:
- A ski slope;
- The snowpark;
- Ice rink for ice skating under the open sky;
- Trails for snowboarding and cross-country skiing;
- Entertaining winter Playground for children.
For tourists restaurants, Billiards, bowling and a Wellness centre. In summer time, operates a Golf club.
Ski complex "Yan" is located near the city of Almetyevsk in the South-Eastern part of the Republic at a distance of 250 kilometers from Kazan. Consists of seven courses and trails for downhill skiing and snowboard, will enjoy the experience of the tourist. Elevation ski area is 126 meters.
For tourists in Kazan provided many, both closed and open skating rinks. The most modern of them is located under the roof of the ice Palace of sports "Tatneft-arena". The arena also hosts matches one of the strongest hockey clubs of Russia team "AK bars". "Tatneft-arena" is a multifunctional complex and holds a number of concerts and shows.
In Kazan are so many places to discover with children. Read herewhere to go in the capital of Tatarstan.
Tatarstan and its capital city will warmly welcome the smallest travelers and provide them with an interesting pastime. Adults too will be satisfied!
- Water Park "Riviera" remains one of the most popular among guests and citizens of Kazan tourist attraction of Tatarstan. It is annually visited by nearly a million people. The water Park offers plenty of pools and more than 50 water attractions for children and adults.
- Recently in Kazan opened Russia's largest dinosaur Park in the open air, "Yurkina Park". 105 models of moving dinosaurs, 3 free areas of the excavation, rides and children's village situated in the complex Park right at the foot of the "Kazan Arena".
- The Kazan Zoological and Botanical garden is the oldest in Russia. In the collection of the garden there are more than 160 species of animals and thousands of species of plants. This is the only garden that combines biological and Botanical collections.
The water Park is part of the hotel and entertainment complex "Kazanskaya Rivyera", which has received several national and international touristaward.
We recommend you to watch the video presentation of Tatarstan: